As of July 1, 2021, the Labour Relations Board (the Board) will start to transition from its existing COVID-19 safety plans and policies to a communicable disease prevention strategy.
In the initial stage of this transition, we will maintain the following policies in place pending their review in the coming weeks:
- Policy for the Conduct of In-Person Proceedings
- Policy for the Conduct of In-Person Votes
- Illness Policy
These policies reflect our duties as an employer to protect the health and safety of Board staff. They also reflect our duty to protect the health and safety of members of public with whom we interact as we perform our duties and responsibilities under the Labour Relations Code (the Code).
However, effective immediately, the Board will consider requests for in-person proceedings and in-person votes where they can be conducted consistent with WorkSafe BC Guidelines and applicable Provincial Health Office orders.
Effective July 12, 2021, the Board's premises will be re-opened for public drop-ins.
We will also continue to use virtual proceedings and electronic votes where appropriate. For more information about virtual proceedings, please see the following:
- As we move into Step 3 of BC's Restart Plan, the Board will continue to waive the requirement under its Rules that a party file a sworn statutory declaration in support of applications under the Code, including, but not limited to, applications under the Code, Section 99 and Section 141.
- In lieu of a statutory declaration, parties may file an unsworn statement containing the same information and documents that would otherwise have been required in a sworn statutory declaration
- The change is subject to the discretion of the Board or the panel assigned to require a sworn statutory declaration on a case by case basis.
If you have any questions or concerns about an active file, please contact us.